Tuesday, April 26, 2011

New Book

It has taken a while, but I think the blog is ready for some use. My computer has helped me with my latest project which was to write, publish and sell a book. The website for the book is myepicuria.com.
It started out as an exercise to help write a column for my weekly newspaper article. I decided to take a look at self publishing, what it is, how it works and what if any were the benefits and drawbacks to that process. In the spirit of writing about something that I had actually done, I decided to publish a book using the self-publishing process from start to finish.
Oddly, as the book was fleshed out, it became something of a monster on it's own. Not size but just the fact that it seemed to take on a life of its own, and the end product actually is quite good. I'm not just boasting, (well maybe a little bit) but I sent it out to some folks to read and give me their opinions. Three of the comments I received I used as blurbs on the back cover of the book.
I also am very fond of the cover itself, my sister, a graphic artist did it, and did it well.
More later. The book is available on Amazon.com and from my website.
Court

No comments: